CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Bible....


Welcome to my new blog. I know, I know there are so many blogs out there but this really is for my own selfish purposes. I am not very good at scripture study. And I am going to admit to you now that I have never read the Bible from beginning to end. So to rectify that I have decided to read it through now. But I am as you can see a 'Simpleton' (Simpleton: sim·ple·ton- an ignorant, foolish, or silly person). The reason I have never read the Bible from beginning to end is that I lack the ability to understand half of what is said. My challenge now is to actually try and understand the verses and what they are trying to tell me. That's where you come in. I have so many people in my life that are AMAZING and have such a broad knowledge of the scriptures that I thought why not blog my thoughts and questions while reading to get a better understanding.
I have been inspired by my current Sunday School teacher. I have had some great ones in the past but Abbie has this amazing ability to bring the scripture stories to my level so that I can understand the stories and relate them to my life. She simplifies (huh huh.... for us simpletons!) and re-phrases things for better understanding. She does a blog that follows the lesson schedule if anyone is interested click here.

So my plea to you is this. I would love you to read and give comments on how you interpret or understand the topics discussed. Just as you would do in Sunday school. I think discussions help us all become more knowledgeable about these doctrines. I appreciate the thoughts I receive in Sunday School but would love to learn from my most trusted family and friends their vast knowledge of the bible. Who knows maybe after this I can attempt the Doctrine and Covenants....... that is a whole other hurdle!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment